Minecraft password cracking

• 11 posts

Some of you may be aware that there is such a thing as minecraft password cracking, basically this is taking a common password and checking that password against a list of minecraft accounts. Username lists are being generated and downloaded from websites such as ours and pasted on hacking related websites for other people to start cracking.

Best advice against this is set a secure password on your minecraft account.

What counts as common?

diamond, enderdragon, pikachu, the list can go on...

lol

Hmm, would 420BlazinNoscopeSWAG be good enough? *jk*

Hi there.

This is a serious issue. Thanks for bringing it up Lemonita. I will change my password right now.

Just do /warp mgshop. #teamelitecomingsoontm

Lemon you set my password xD I couldn't log back in. Lemon you could see all our forum passwords anyway right? And some of them might be the same for MC. If someone started up a successful server, they could look at forum passwords and back a lot of accounts. Word of Advice- Don't use the same passwords for anything. Although I have. xD Oh, and btw, because of that my gmail account did get hacked, but luckily because they signed in from Chicago, they didn't know my authentication lock.

"Woohoo I'm a bug reporter!" Maddiesprint:  26/02/2015: #Overexaggerate

"Over 300 posts!" Maddiesprint: 15/03/2015: #Forumposter

I don't think it's fair that a server owner can see our forum account passwords.

Well... What can you do about it.

Change my password :P. 

For the forum account owner to once again see.

Passwords should always have capital letters and numbers. It helps tons.